dimanche 12 mars 2017

Robe vintage / Vintage dress

       Today I'll share my first creations in clothing with you. I have to say that an upholsterer does not make clothes so I've never learned anything about making clothes.
"But sewing is sewing, isn't it?"
Yes and no! Personally, I think making curtains is way easier than making clothes. But it depends on your abilities and preferences.


Some weeks ago I wanted to make a dress for my girlfriend, I have to say I was a bit stressed  but I already had a picture in my head of what I would make.
I'm a big fan of vintage dresses so I've been looking for a sewing pattern I might like. I chose the sewing pattern 6793 from Burda (see below, in the french part) but be careful the sizes are quite big if your size is 38 you'll have to cut 36 (this is european sizes, but I put a link on the 38 and 36 numbers in the french part to go check on a size guide). 

So then, what fabric?

I chose a liberty one for the first dress to make the top of the dress and the skirt. The belt of the dress is made with a black cotton.
If you want to find the liberty fabric, click : here. But I have to admit that I don't know if that website is gonna ship to your country. 
You can find the black cotton on the same website but it's not available anymore :( .
But I'm pretty sure you could find great fabrics on amazon ;)

So, I made the second dress with that black cotton I was talking about earlier on.

Enough talking just look at the results, I put the photos below in the french part :)

Here we are! Don't hesitate to tell me what you think about it, or what you'd like me to do or whatever you want to say :) 

Ps: I'm sorry about the bad quality of the photos :/








        Aujourd'hui, je partagerai avec vous mes premières créations dans le vestimentaire. Il est bon de noter qu'un tapissier d'ameublement ne fait pas de vêtement et je n'ai ainsi donc pas été formé pour en faire.
"Mais la couture, c'est de la couture non? "
Oui et non ! Personnellement, je trouve la confection de rideaux moins complexe que celle d'un vêtement. Tout dépend de vos capacités et de vos préférences. 

Il y a quelques semaines j'ai eu l'envie de fabriquer une robe pour ma copine, j'étais un peu stressé je vous l'avoue mais j'avais déjà mon idée en tête.
Je suis un grand fan des robes vintages et ai cherché un patron susceptible de me plaire.

J'ai ainsi donc choisi celui-ci:
Attention: le patron taille grand, si vous faites un 38, je vous conseille de couper un 36



Ensuite, quel tissu? 
Pour la première robe, j'ai opté pour un liberty noir sur fond blanc: (que vous pourrez retrouver en cliquant : ici) pour le haut et le bas de la robe. La "ceinture" elle a été faite dans un coton noir uni (que j'ai trouvé : ici (il n'est malheureusement plus en stock actuellement)).
La seconde robe, elle, a été entièrement confectionnée avec le coton noir uni, ma copine ne portant presque que du noir ;).

Assez de blabla, voyez le résultat par vous-même: 





Première robe, position assise / first dess sitting pose
Première robe position debout / first dress standing pose







Deuxième robe position assise / Second dress sitting pose

Deuxième robe position debout / second dress standing pose
Voilà voilà, n'hésitez pas à me dire en commentaire ce que vous en pensez,  s'il y a quelque chose en particulier que vous aimeriez que je fasse ou autres remarques. 

Ps: je m'excuse pour la qualité de certaines photos ainsi que pour la luminosité.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire